A great way to promote your Military and First Responder discount is to build a custom page on your store that highlights the offer. This gives you a single page to which you can send marketing and it gives you a way to capitalize on SEO traffic.
With GovX ID, you can launch a page with just the click of a button.
Creating a discount page
To create a custom discount page, simply navigate to the Deploy section of the GovX ID app in your store admin and click the big purple "Create Page" button. You'll then see a pop-up that asks you to customize your page settings:
- Page Name: You'll be asked to create a name for the page. Enter a custom name or just use the default provided. This page name will appear at the top of the page.
- Button Color: By default, we'll try to style the button to match your theme. This means we match the background and text color on the button to match other primary buttons in your store. However, some themes don't always play nice with our code. If something looks off after you've published the page, you can come back and set a custom color using our color-pickers.
We use a script to automatically populate the page content into a simple template that is easy to read and works well on mobile devices. That means the content on the page will automatically match your app settings. If you change the discount amount, the page will automatically present the new value. That means there is no maintenance required.
After you create the page, it will be available in the page menu in your store admin.
You can also unpublish or delete the page whenever you want.
Linking to your page
Once you've created the page, be sure to link to it from your store. You can easily add a link to your header or footer.
- Just copy the page url from your Deploy dashboard.
- Click on the "Navigation" link in the Online Store menu.
- Then select the footer or main menu. Click "Add menu item" to create a new link.
What else can you do with your page?
Your dedicated discount page is a great landing page for all your marketing channels. Share it with your followers on social media announcing your new discount program. You can also include a link to the page in promotional emails you send.
Do you want something more custom?
We understand that you may have your own style and brand voice. Or maybe you just want to add some additional text to the instructions. No problem. If you want to build a custom page, you can use the starter code below. Just follow these steps.
1. Copy the code below
<meta charset="utf-8" />
<p style="padding-bottom: 20px; text-align: center;">
<span>We are proud to honor our armed forces. Thank you for your service every day and the sacrifices you've made for our country.</span>
<div style="display: flex; justify-content: center; margin-bottom: 20px;">
<a href="YOUR CUSTOM LINK HERE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" style="padding: 10px 20px; background-color: #0c9ac4; border-radius: 2px; color: #fff; margin: 0 auto;">
<span>Claim your discount</span>
<p style="padding-top: 40px; text-decoration: underline;">This offer is eligible for:</p>
<li><span>Current and former U.S. Military</span></li>
<li><span>Military spouses and dependents</span></li>
<li><span>First Responders, including fire, law enforcement and EMS</span></li>
<li><span>Federal, state and local government employees</span></li>
<p>Verification is powered by <strong>GovX ID</strong> | <a href="https://www.govx.com/t/govx-id" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Learn more</a> </p>
<p style="text-decoration: underline;">How it works:</p>
<li>Click the button to claim your discount and you'll be asked to verify your affiliation with GovX ID. Verification is real-time and secure. If you already have a GovX ID account, just log in!</li>
<li>After you verify, you'll receive a single-use discount code to apply at checkout. Be sure to copy your code.</li>
<li>For future purchases, simply log in with your GovX ID to unlock a new discount code.</li>
<li>There is a limit of one discount code per day.</li>
2. Create a new page in your store. Then, in the page editor, toggle to the 'HTML input' by clicking the button with the <> icon (see picture below) and paste the code into the content area.
Remember, it's important to toggle to the HTML input before pasting your code:
3. Find the area of the code that says YOUR CUSTOM LINK HERE and replace it with your custom link, which you can find in the deploy section of your app. Please refer to this help article for information on finding this link.
Make sure that you place the link between the quotation marks. It will look something like this:
After that, you can customize any of the text on the page. And if you know HTML, you can get even more creative. The only thing you can't change is your custom link, but you can make the page look however you want.
If you have any problems building your page, we're here to help! Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.